In the simplest terms, making your personal e-liquid involves mixing together the key elements that produce up e-juice: base liquid of PG and VG, nicotine, and flavor concentrates. You do not necessarily need all of these, for instance, if you like your e-liquid to be nicotine-free or even unflavored.
There are thousands of ejuice recipes online, but you can always make up your own and share it with the world!
This might all seem overwhelming, but it's not as bad as you may think. You do not need advanced knowledge of chemistry. If you can make a cocktail, you can make your own vape juice.
For the simplest way to create vape juice, give this a decision to try:
- Visit an on the web DIY vape shop (like Ecigexpress, Wizardlabs, etc).
- Get some good VG and PG (or get a container of pre-made base); get at the least 100 mL of each (which should barely be more than a few dollars).
- Add a couple of 50 mL plastic containers and a few plastic pipettes to your cart.
- Have a look at the DIY vape juice flavorings and select a few that attract you.
- When you get your package, use the pipettes to drop about 10-20 drops of flavoring in one of your empty bottles.
- Fill your bottle around the middle with PG and the remainder with VG.
- Shake and reserve for a few hours to allow the bubbles to settle.
- Try your vape juice, and adjust to taste.
At this point, you have 50 mL of vape juice that you made! Granted, this really is more of a DIY hack and unlikely to end in anything spectacular…but it's still your personal creation. Experience that for a while. When and if you intend to start adding nicotine and getting more creative, this simple entry into DIY should NOT be used.
Never eyeball measurements when working with nicotine. There's little if any accuracy DIYing this way, but without nicotine being involved, you don't have to be as clinical in your approach.